As the weather starts to cool down, sledders across BC are getting ramped up for snowmobile season. While you get prepared for your first ride, don't neglect your insurance. With the average machine now costing tens of thousands of dollars, it's very important to take the time to understand the options available and get the coverage that's right for you.
If you haven't already, you are required to register your snowmobile with ICBC: https://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/specialty-vehicles/Pages/Off-road-vehicles.aspx
You will need a minimum of $200,000 third party liability insurance if you plan to go through forest service roads. Liability insurance is available through ICBC but is limited to:
- travel directly across a highway or plowed forest service road at a traffic light, stop sign, or other controlled crossing
- loading or unloading from another vehicle in a parking lot
- travel along the highway within limits set out in a police-issued operation permit
As you can see, there are many situations where you would not be covered while out on your snowmobile.
Third Party Liability and Physical Damage Protection
At CapriCMW, we offer third party liability insurance that provides protection to snowmobilers while operating their units on unplowed forest service roads, trails, private land, etc. Our program covers the snowmobiler for up to $1,000,000 if they’re responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to someone else. This coverage automatically extends to any rider using your snowmobile who has your permission and a valid driver’s licence.
Physical damage coverage provides protection for your snowmobile from damage or loss by fire, theft, transit, vandalism and even collision. We offer three coverage levels:
- Gold Protection: All Perils (Collision, Upset, Rollover, and Comprehensive)
- Silver Protection: Comprehensive only.
- Bronze Protection: Basic Perils (Fire, Theft, Attempted Theft, and Transit)
There are no restrictions on theft of the insured unit under any of the three coverage options, and it is valid anywhere in Canada or the continental USA.
You can also take advantage of special discounts on your insurance premiums for:
- completing an approved safety course
- having an approved ignition system mobilizer
- joining the BC Snowmobile Federation
CapriCMW is a proud partner of the BCSF and we offer exclusive savings to BCSF members. You pay only $70 for snowmobile liability with a referral fee being paid back to the BCSF for every policy. The coverage provides $1,000,000 in third party liability and a 25% discount on the CapriCMW snowmobile physical damage program with a referral fee for each policy being paid back to the BCSF.
Low-cost Insurance for Your Snowmobile
Get the best protection for your snowmobile from CapriCMW. For fire, theft, collision, and third-party liability, we have your snowmobile covered. Get an online quote today.