Mining & Energy Insurance
CapriCMW provides the highest quality insurance products and innovative risk-related solutions to mining operators and energy producers. Our Mining and Energy Group have years of experience in mine insurance for operators, contractors and processors as well as power insurance and fuel insurance for hydro, wind and bio-fuel power producers.
We understand the need for competitively priced programs, including coverage for direct losses to property, equipment, lost income and the timely replacement of assets. Our liability programs provide protection from third-party claims arising from both products and services. Our Mining and Energy Group supports your needs in non-insurable areas such as contract review, risk control for safety of premises and reviews of employee safety. In addition, our association with other specialty brokers in North America and London provides us with the global expertise to handle complex multinational risks.
Our Mining & Energy solutions include:
- Contract analysis for EPC, long-term service agreements, vendor agreements, construction contracts, contractor contracts and lending agreements
- Competitively priced insurance programs providing seamless coverage from construction to operating status for property, boiler, stock and equipment – both above and below ground
- Liability programs for owners and contractors involved in the projects covering bodily injury, property damage and environmental risk
- Loss of income programs for business interruption and liquidated damages as well as expediting expenses to quickly resume operations
- Cargo programs for incoming equipment and shipments of stock and concentrates
- Bonding services for financing and government regulations
- Employee group health and benefits programs
- Marine, aviation and professional liability exposures related to the operations
- Maximum probable loss studies and risk control engineering support
- Claims management assistance and advocacy to smooth customer goodwill, settle claims quickly and maintain strong insurer relations
Cyber Liability Resources
Cybersecurity Risks of Employees Working From Home
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, the growing trend of employees working from home has become the new norm in organizations worldwide. Cyber criminals are more active than ever and taking the opportunities presented by an increase in remote working to…
Webinar: Impact of Cyber Crime on Developers, Contractors and Trades
CapriCMW's Construction Risk Advisors were joined by a panel of experts to discuss how cyber crime and privacy breaches are affecting developers, contractors and trades from legal, compliance, risk management and financial perspectives.
Video: How to Protect Your Organization Against Ransomware
Ransomware is one of the most damaging types of cyber attacks and cyber criminals are becoming more sophisticated. CapriCMW's Sean Graham explains how ransomware works, and how you can protect your organization.
Government of Canada Introduces Cybersecurity Certification Program for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
On August 12, 2019, the Government of Canada launched CyberSecure Canada, a cybersecurity certification program targeted to small and mid-sized businesses.
Protect You and Your Family Against Cyber Crimes
In today's digitally connected world, we have more and more of our sensitive, personal information stored electronically and online. With all the ways technology has enhanced our lives, it's also opened the doors for identity theft, hacking, cybercrime,…