Mining & Energy Insurance
CapriCMW provides the highest quality insurance products and innovative risk-related solutions to mining operators and energy producers. Our Mining and Energy Group have years of experience in mine insurance for operators, contractors and processors as well as power insurance and fuel insurance for hydro, wind and bio-fuel power producers.
We understand the need for competitively priced programs, including coverage for direct losses to property, equipment, lost income and the timely replacement of assets. Our liability programs provide protection from third-party claims arising from both products and services. Our Mining and Energy Group supports your needs in non-insurable areas such as contract review, risk control for safety of premises and reviews of employee safety. In addition, our association with other specialty brokers in North America and London provides us with the global expertise to handle complex multinational risks.
Our Mining & Energy solutions include:
- Contract analysis for EPC, long-term service agreements, vendor agreements, construction contracts, contractor contracts and lending agreements
- Competitively priced insurance programs providing seamless coverage from construction to operating status for property, boiler, stock and equipment – both above and below ground
- Liability programs for owners and contractors involved in the projects covering bodily injury, property damage and environmental risk
- Loss of income programs for business interruption and liquidated damages as well as expediting expenses to quickly resume operations
- Cargo programs for incoming equipment and shipments of stock and concentrates
- Bonding services for financing and government regulations
- Employee group health and benefits programs
- Marine, aviation and professional liability exposures related to the operations
- Maximum probable loss studies and risk control engineering support
- Claims management assistance and advocacy to smooth customer goodwill, settle claims quickly and maintain strong insurer relations