CapriCMW provides the highest quality insurance products and innovative risk-related solutions to companies involved in the research, development, manufacturing and servicing of the technology industry. Insurance programs need to take into account unique issues including Internet law, e-commerce and privacy laws.
The technology and research sectors needs competitively priced programs that include coverage for direct losses to property, stock, lost income research and development, product recall and the timely replacement of assets. Our liability programs provide protection by insuring against third party complaints about products and services including financial loss arising from design error, delay in delivery, copyright infringement and the misuse of intellectual property.
We bring value-added support to our clients in non-insurable areas such as contract review, risk control for safety of premises and reviews of employee safety.
Our Technology solutions include:
- Competitively priced property programs covering buildings, equipment, stock, data processing equipment and related contents on site or in transit
- Loss of income programs for business interruption as well as expediting expenses to quickly restart or reopen
- Liability programs providing protection from third-party claims arising from products and services
- Financial loss arising from product failure or deficiency
- Copyright and patent infringement insurance
- Internet-related liability
- Research and development programs and testing programs
- Product recall programs and patent infringement coverage
- Executive risk programs for directors and officers as well as employee practices risks
- Employee group health and benefits programs
BC Proposes Building Code Changes to Allow 18-Storey Mass Timber Buildings
The provincial government has proposed changes to the British Columbia Building and Fire Codes (BC Codes 2024) that would expand the ways mass timber could be used in construction.
Applications Open for BC's Securing Small Business Rebate Program
As of November 22, 2023, small businesses in BC can apply for a new provincial rebate to help them repair commercial property damage caused by vandalism or implement measures to prevent or minimize property damage from vandalism.