Municipality and Public Sector Insurance
CapriCMW’s Public Sector Practice Group provides our Municipal and Public Sector clients with superior access to quality Municipality and Public Sector-specific Insurance markets. We offer innovative risk-related solutions to the broad exposures unique to this sector, including municipal insurance, local government insurance and other public sector insurance. Our expert Risk Advisors have extensive experience identifying and managing risk for insurable and non-insurable exposures derived from years of providing guidance to many of the municipalities in British Columbia.
The key to successfully managing risks in the public sector involves strong insurer relationships for structuring appropriate programs for the insured as well as communicating the needs for timely and realistic claims support.
Our keys to Municipality & Public Sector insurance success include:
- Custom property insurance programs
- Broadly worded general liability programs
- Public sector errors and omissions programs
- Cyber and privacy insurance programs
- Environmental impairment programs
- Risk quantification studies
- Risk control studies for property, liability, and employee safety
- Claims management programs and claims advocacy
- Educational seminars and publications
- Construction insurance and bonding specialists
- Contract review and risk transfer support
- Fleet insurance specialists
Proud to Partner With Intact Public Entities
Intact Public Entities has over nine decades of experience providing specialized insurance programs, including risk management and claims services, to municipalities, public administration and community service organizations across Canada.
BC Government Introduces Rental Protection Fund
The BC government has introduced a new $500 million fund to support non-profit housing organizations in purchasing affordable residential rental buildings and ownership co-operatives.
Impact of Recent EI Changes on Employers and Employees
As of December 18, 2022, the federal government has extended the length of time that individuals can access employment insurance (EI) sickness benefits. The total period of coverage available is now 26 weeks, up from 15 weeks. On the surface, this…
Five Tips to Keep You Safe During Your Holiday Travels
If you're going to be away this holiday season, there are some important steps for you to take before and during your trip to keep you safe and protect your property.