Food & Beverage Insurance
CapriCMW's Food and Beverage Group have long been recognized as specialists in insuring feed manufacturers, beef, fish and poultry processors, warehouse operators and distributors. Our food insurance experience also includes breweries, vintners and wine distributors; and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage bottlers and co-packers. We understand the need for competitively priced programs, including coverage for direct losses to property, stock, lost income, and the timely replacement of assets.
Our processors liability insurance programs provide protection of customer goodwill by insuring against third-party complaints regarding your products and services, product recall and claims of injury.
Our Food and Beverage Group will support you in non-insurable areas such as contract review, risk control for safety of premises and reviews of employee safety.
Our Food & Beverage solutions include:
- Competitively priced property programs covering buildings, equipment, stock, data processing equipment, and related contents on site or in transit
- Liability programs providing protection from customer incidents from products and on premises
- Loss of income programs as well as contingent programs for business interruption and expediting expenses to quickly reopen
- Food-borne illness coverage as well as contingent coverage arising from outbreaks of disease and bacteria
- Food product recall, extra expense and contamination programs - Failure to manufacture to specifications coverage
- Employee group health and benefits programs
- Directors and Officers and employment practices insurance
- Claims management assistance and advocacy to smooth customer goodwill, settle claims quickly and maintain strong insurer relations
Recent Blog Posts
Returning From Mat Leave: Insurers Stop Reset of Pre-existing Conditions Clauses for Long-Term Disability
Recently, major Canadian insurers have stopped applying the pre-existing conditions clauses for…
New Requirements Under Safe Food for Canadians Regulations in Effect January 15, 2020
As of January 15, 2020, fresh fruits and vegetables businesses, including growers and harvesters,…