Food & Beverage Insurance
CapriCMW's Food and Beverage Group have long been recognized as specialists in insuring feed manufacturers, beef, fish and poultry processors, warehouse operators and distributors. Our food insurance experience also includes breweries, vintners and wine distributors; and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage bottlers and co-packers. We understand the need for competitively priced programs, including coverage for direct losses to property, stock, lost income, and the timely replacement of assets.
Our processors liability insurance programs provide protection of customer goodwill by insuring against third-party complaints regarding your products and services, product recall and claims of injury.
Our Food and Beverage Group will support you in non-insurable areas such as contract review, risk control for safety of premises and reviews of employee safety.
Our Food & Beverage solutions include:
- Competitively priced property programs covering buildings, equipment, stock, data processing equipment, and related contents on site or in transit
- Liability programs providing protection from customer incidents from products and on premises
- Loss of income programs as well as contingent programs for business interruption and expediting expenses to quickly reopen
- Food-borne illness coverage as well as contingent coverage arising from outbreaks of disease and bacteria
- Food product recall, extra expense and contamination programs - Failure to manufacture to specifications coverage
- Employee group health and benefits programs
- Directors and Officers and employment practices insurance
- Claims management assistance and advocacy to smooth customer goodwill, settle claims quickly and maintain strong insurer relations
BC Government Introduces Workers Compensation Act Changes to Support Injured Workers
The BC government has introduced amendments to the Workers Compensation Act aimed at providing better support to injured workers in their return to work.
ICBC Introducing Usage-Based Discounts Beginning in 2023
As part of its intended shift towards more personalized insurance products, ICBC will be introducing new usage-based insurance options over the next several years. The first of its usage-based offerings will be available in 2023, a discount on certain…
Three Types of Insureds Explained
Are you aware of the differences between Named Insureds, Unnamed Insureds (also known as simply Insureds) and Additional Insureds? They are often confused, but the distinction is very important to understand.