Food & Beverage Insurance
CapriCMW's Food and Beverage Group have long been recognized as specialists in insuring feed manufacturers, beef, fish and poultry processors, warehouse operators and distributors. Our food insurance experience also includes breweries, vintners and wine distributors; and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage bottlers and co-packers. We understand the need for competitively priced programs, including coverage for direct losses to property, stock, lost income, and the timely replacement of assets.
Our processors liability insurance programs provide protection of customer goodwill by insuring against third-party complaints regarding your products and services, product recall and claims of injury.
Our Food and Beverage Group will support you in non-insurable areas such as contract review, risk control for safety of premises and reviews of employee safety.
Our Food & Beverage solutions include:
- Competitively priced property programs covering buildings, equipment, stock, data processing equipment, and related contents on site or in transit
- Liability programs providing protection from customer incidents from products and on premises
- Loss of income programs as well as contingent programs for business interruption and expediting expenses to quickly reopen
- Food-borne illness coverage as well as contingent coverage arising from outbreaks of disease and bacteria
- Food product recall, extra expense and contamination programs - Failure to manufacture to specifications coverage
- Employee group health and benefits programs
- Directors and Officers and employment practices insurance
- Claims management assistance and advocacy to smooth customer goodwill, settle claims quickly and maintain strong insurer relations
Explaining the 'Named Insured' in Your Business Insurance
Policy wordings for business insurance can be highly complex and the technical and legal language can be overwhelming to interpret. However, there is one term in particular - the named insured - that is extremely important for you to understand as a…
Selling Online to the US: Improve your Website Accessibility to Avoid a Lawsuit
If your business sells goods or services online to customers in the US, it is important to be informed about your legal obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Breaking the Cycle of Inequity for Indigenous Band Employees in Canada
When comparing the compensation of Indigenous band employees with those of other federal government employees, it is evident that there is a significant disparity.