Finanacial Institutions Insurance
CapriCMW's Financial Institutions Group has years of experience in managing the risks of banks, credit unions, mortgage lenders, construction lenders, financial planners, stock brokerages and foreign exchange dealers. We understand the need for competitively priced programs, including coverage for direct losses to property, lost income and the timely replacement of assets.
Our liability programs provide protection of customer goodwill by insuring against third-party claims arising from your products and services. We also advise on the unique risks arising from providing professional financial advice, errors in administration and collateral asset impairment.
Our finance industry risk advisors will support your needs in non-insurable areas such as contract review, risk control for safety of premises and reviews of employee safety.
Our Financial Institution Liability Insurance solutions include:
- Competitively priced property programs covering buildings, equipment, data processing equipment and related contents on site or in transit
- Liability programs providing protection from customer incidents on premises and claims arising from security protecting customers and the premises
- Loss of income programs for business interruption as well as expediting expenses to quickly reopen
- Professional liability programs for financial advisors and stock brokerages as well as executive protection for directors and officers - Collateral loan/mortgage impairment programs
- Environmental protection programs for real estate lenders
- Employee group health and benefits programs
- Directors and officers, employment practices liability and fiduciary liability programs
- Cyber and privacy insurance
- Financial institution bonds and crime insurance designed for operations with large cash exposures and irregular limits on premises or off premises
- Claims management assistance and advocacy to smooth customer goodwill, settle claims quickly and maintain strong insurer relations
New ICBC Coverages Explained: Income Replacement vs. Income Top-Up
As of May 1, 2021, ICBC's new Enhanced Care coverage is in effect which has introduced significant changes to BC's auto insurance system. At CapriCMW, we're here to help you understand the changes and how they affect you.
Federal Government Introduces Canada Recovery Hiring Program
The new Canada Recovery Hiring Program is designed to support employers by subsidizing payroll expenses as they increase hours or wages, or hire new employees, while continuing to experience declines in revenue compared to pre-pandemic times.
Government of BC Introduces COVID-19 Related Paid Sick Leave
As of May 20, 2021, amendments to BC's Employment Standards Act are in effect which provides paid sick leave for work absenses related to COVID-19 and introduces paid sick leave for any illnesses or injuries beginning on January 1, 2022.