On March 3, 2022, the federal government announced the launch of the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP), which will provide funding for small and medium-sized businesses to leverage e-commerce and upgrade or adopt digital technologies.
$4 billion in funding will be distributed over four years, supporting up to 160,000 businesses in their digital transformations. Businesses can apply through two streams, the Grow Your Business Online grant and the Boost Your Business Technology grant:
GROW YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
Through this stream, eligible small businesses can access:
- micro-grants up to $2,400 for costs of implementing e-commerce capabilities (including reservation/booking tools, online ordering systems, electronic payments, search engine optimization, social media advertising, etc.)
- a network of advisors to provide support and guidance in developing and implementing e-commerce strategies
BOOST YOUR BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY
Through this stream, eligible businesses with 1 to 499 full-time employees can access:
- funding for up to 90% of costs (a maximum of $15,000 per applicant) for hiring an approved digital advisor to create a customized digital adoption plan
- 0% interest loans up to $100,000 from the Business Development Bank of Canada for costs related to implementing digital adoption plans
- wage subsidies up to $7,300 to hire students or new graduates through a work placement to help with achieving digital adoption goals
Visit this Government of Canada webpage to learn more about CDAP, eligibility criteria and to apply online.