With sunny, longer days now upon us, many homeowners have started on projects both indoors and outside. Check the below off your to-do list to keep your home and garden in tip top shape all season long.
- Keep your BBQ three metres from windows and doors and a fire extinguisher on hand.
- Ensure your landscaping company has copies of site plans and is aware of where irrigation lines run to avoid accidental water line breaks.
- Address all ant or pest infestations immediately as damage beneath the ground can cause long term harm.
- Keep stairs and walkways clear from debris and obstructions and report any tripping/falling hazards immediately to your property manager.
- Keep fencing updated and as healthy as possible.
- Tree impact claims are common; however, if the fencing is well maintained, it may be possible to repair rather than replace.
- Study the complex layout and have your strata council consider passing a no BBQ by-law that covers balconies, yards, porches, and the common grounds.
- Lint traps should be cleaned between every cycle and vents annually to help reduce lint build up, thereby limiting fire risk.
- Never allow spare gas or propane tanks to be stored in the parking garage or storage lockers.
See our 360 Risk Management Review for further risk control measures you can enact to prevent or reduce losses within your strata.