Provincial Equine Association Member Benefits
As the architect of the Provincial Equine Association insurance program in Canada, CapriCMW’s experience provides a trusted resource to the equine community from coast-to-coast.
Our association program recognizes the vital roles played by both the National Equine Associations and the Provincial Equine Associations. This Insurance Program operates comfortably at all levels with the ability to address both National and Regional issues.
Membership in our insured provincial/territorial equine associations automatically includes two important coverages:
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability insurance designed to respond to claims brought against you should a personal use horse you own, borrow, lease, etc., cause bodily injury or property damage to someone or something else, and you are held legally liable.
$40,000 Accident, Death and Dismemberment insurance, which covers you if you suffer a serious or catastrophic injury through an interaction with a horse (this policy does not cover losses arising from contraction of a disease).
The program is available to all Canadian Equine Associations who apply to CapriCMW Insurance for inclusion.
- People who are Individual Members of the above Equine Associations have automatic world-wide insurance with their membership. (Some restrictions apply to non-Canadian residents)
- A division of the program exists for corporate members with commercial activities and requires a specific application.
- All members benefit from savings for Horse Mortality and Farm insurance.
The main program provides different coverages for the different membership classifications. The Equine Associations and their Individual or Family members are covered automatically while the Clubs, Coaches and Officials must make specific application for insurance after becoming a member. Savings for Clubs, Coaches and Officials are significant.
The program is currently endorsed by the following Equine Associations:
- Alberta Equestrian Federation
- Aurora Horse Association
- Canadian Pony Club
- Certified Horsemanship Association
- Equine Association of Yukon
- Horseman's Benevolent & Protective Association
- Horse Council of British Columbia
- Island Horse Council
- Manitoba Horse Council
- Newfoundland and Labrador Equestrian Association
- Nova Scotia Equestrian Federation
- New Brunswick Equestrian Association
- Ontario Equestrian
- Saskatchewan Horse Federation
Personal Insurance Resources
How Safe is Your Password?
Cybercrime is more rampant than ever before - attacks are growing in sophistication year by year with the potential impact on victims becoming more severe and widespread. It is predicted that the damage caused by global cybercrime will cost $10.5…
New BC Regulations to Increase Minimum Contributions for Contingency Reserve Funds
As of November 1, 2023, new regulations will come into effect that increases the minimum amount developers and strata corporations in BC are required to contribute towards contingency reserve funds.
BC Government Introduces Rental Protection Fund
The BC government has introduced a new $500 million fund to support non-profit housing organizations in purchasing affordable residential rental buildings and ownership co-operatives.