Federal Government Announces Additional $600 Million for the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund

The federal government has announced another $600 million in funding for the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund, providing small and mid-sized businesses interest-free, partially forgivable loans.
Categories: Business Insurance
Oct 8th, 2020 | By: CapriCMW

The federal government has announced another $600 million in funding for the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF), which provides interest-free, partially forgivable loans to small and mid-sized businesses facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The RRRF offers loans to businesses that are ineligible for Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) funding and those who applied for and were declined CEBA funding. Loans are interest-free until December 31, 2022. If 75% of a loan is paid back by December 31, 2022, the remaining 25% is forgiven.

There are four categories under which businesses can apply for funding with the RRRF, each with their own application process and additional specific eligibility requirements:

  • Loans up to $40,000
  • Loans over $40,000
  • Community Futures Stream (loans up to $40,000 for rural businesses)
  • Women’s Enterprise Initiative Stream (loans up to $40,000 for women-owned or led businesses)

Canada’s Regional Development Agencies will distribute the funds to eligible businesses within their respective regions.

For complete details on accessing these funds, visit the link below for your local Regional Development Agency's webpage on the RRRF:

Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) 
(New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island)

Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)

Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)

Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario (FedNor)

Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
(Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan)

Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
(Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon)

 


 

 

Recent Blog Posts

Personal Insurance / cybersecurity, remote working
10 Tips to Stay Cyber Safe When You’re Working from Home

While we remain in the throes of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us are working, studying, and…

Oct 21st, 2020 | By: CapriCMW
Business Insurance / Real Estate, commercial property, COVID-19
Federal Government Introduces New Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy

On October 9, 2020, the federal government introduced the new Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy,…

Oct 15th, 2020 | By: CapriCMW
Business Insurance / Cannabis
BC Government Announces New Programs to Support Local, Small and Indigenous Producers in the Cannabis Industry

The BC government has announced three new programs expected to launch in 2021 and 2022 that will…

Sep 30th, 2020 | By: CapriCMW
photo-10.jpg

Confidence and Freedom

At CapriCMW, we provide personalized insurance and custom risk solutions to give you the confidence and freedom to focus on what matters to you. Talk to an Advisor or get a quote today.

Get a Quote    Or call 1-800-670-1877

Can’t find what you are looking for? Ask us!